REGIONAL CENTER FOR MEDICAL GENETICS DOLJ
Regional Center for Medical Genetics – Dolj (RCMG Dolj) is one of the six centers that represent the Romanian Medical Genetics Network, as established by the Minister of Health Order No. 1358/13.11.2014.
The center is part of the Craiova Emergency County Hospital, and partner of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova.
The counties assigned to RCMG Dolj are: Dolj, Gorj, Valcea, Olt, Mehedinti.
The Romanian Medical Genetics Network consists of:
- Bucharest Regional Center – “Prof. Dr. Alfred Russescu” Mother and Child Health Institute, Bucharest
- Cluj Regional Center – Cluj-Napoca Emergency Children Hospital, Cluj
- Timis Regional Center – “Louis Turcanu” Emergency Children Hospital, Timisoara
- Iasi Regional Center – “St. Mary” Emergency Children Hospital, Iasi
- Bihor Regional Center – “Dr. Gavril Curteanu” Municipal Hospital, Oradea
- Dolj Regional Center – Craiova Emergency County Hospital, Craiova
RCMG Dolj is an Expertise Center for Rare Diseases (MH Certificate 02/15.05.2017).
The center is also a partner of the Romanian Network of Multiple Congenital Anomalies with Intelectual Disabilities (Ro-NMCA-ID) (MH document 982/21.06.2016).
(Ro-NMCA-ID) is a member of European Reference Network on Rare Congenital Malformations and Rare Intellectual Disability (ITHACA) (approved by the European Commission in 2016).
RCMG Dolj is implementing the project PROGENERARE: “Improving medical personnel PROfessional skills regarding specialties relevant for multidisciplinary RARE GENEtic diseases management” – http://www.progenerare.ro